Movement Unlimited - Who We Are
Movement Unlimited General Guidelines
1. We usually follow the Crawford Central School District calendar. However, there are differences. Please follow the calendar we provide. Movement Unlimited does not automatically close for snow days, as the conditions may have improved by evening. If classes are cancelled, we will run an announcement on the studio phone, on the website, and send out email & text notifications. When in doubt, contact us to check. We DO hold classes on previously scheduled ½ days.
2. We have built in an extra class to our year-long schedule. If your class is cancelled once due to weather or instructor illness, there will not be a make-up class held. For any classes after the first cancellation, we hold make-up classes. All class cancellations will be made up in a timely manner. Please be aware that make-up classes will be held over spring break if possible. We cannot reimburse you for classes missed unless extenuating circumstances exist.
3. If you miss class due to sickness, weather, or travel, you may make them up by coming for a different class. This provides your child with the opportunity for an extra challenge.
4. Please walk your children in and out of the building. We are not responsible for your child before or after classes. We are also not responsible for your child outside of the building before or after classes. For the safety of the children, and for purposes of obtaining important information, please come in and out of the studio with your dancers. Please use the back parking lot entrance to the studio.
5. Important information will be handed out regularly. When parents are available, it will be given to you, however it may also be given to your dancer. Important announcements and reminders will also be posted on the studio bulletin board as well as on our online blog. Please check for information regularly.
6. Students must be dressed according to the dress code and MUST have their hair pulled back. If students fail to follow the dress code, they may be asked to watch class and make written observations. The dress code is in place to allow teachers to view the children’s anatomical alignment for injury prevention. Also, long hair is a safety issue for the eyes.
7. Payments are due by the 1st of every month. When you send your payment, you are paying for the current month. You will receive a payment reminder 2 weeks prior to due date either via mail or at your dancers’ class.
8. Registration at Movement Unlimited is rolling through the end of December. We admit students monthly all fall and immediately following the holiday break in December. You also have the freedom to take a break from classes or leave our studio altogether on a monthly basis. However, unless we are notified that you/your child are not attending classes, we will continue to assume that you/your child are ill or out of town. Please notify us of illness, absence, or choice to leave/drop a class.
9. Parents are permitted to wait for children in the waiting area. If staying in the waiting area, please do so quietly, as noise does travel from there and can disturb the classes.
10. We do hold parent observation weeks, once in the fall and once in the spring. These dates are listed on our year-long calendar and reminders will be posted in our monthly newsletters.
11. Every other year, we hold a Benefit Christmas Concert. Costumes are donated/created from home and proceeds benefit a local charity. This is a short, informal show. Further information can be found in Newsletters.
12. Every year we hold a Spring Recital. Information regarding the recital will be forthcoming.
13. The Movement Unlimited Office is located in Heather’s home at 10513 Hollis Road, 337-8579. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call the office. You may also email Heather at anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website.
We are thrilled to have you as part of our dancing family. Have a great dance season!
Girls must be wearing tights with a leotard. Skirts are permitted and fitted sweaters/shirts may be worn over the leotard in the winter months. Canvas or leather ballet slippers are required. Split sole shoes are recommended for more advanced students. Please do not purchase the satin ballet dress-up slippers in place of proper ballet shoes. The appropriate shoes can be found in the shoe department. Hair must be pulled back in a braid, pony tail, or bun.
Jazz, Tap, Modern, Tumbling, Hip Hop
Girls must wear a leotard, tights and/or jazz pants/shorts and a 'fitness'/aerobic top.
Jazz students must have black tie up jazz shoes for in time for each spring concert, otherwise, bare feet are fine.
Modern/tumbling students must have bare feet.
Tap students must have black tap shoes. Kinderdance and Beginning Tap students must have tap shoes that do not need to be tied. You can purchase rubber band type fasteners from most dancewear carrier, or shoes that have buckle or Velcro.
Hip Hop students may wear jazz shoes or clean tennis shoes.
Hair must be pulled back away from the face and/or into a ponytail (if possible) for class.
For all classes, boys should wear a t-shirt and sweat/jazz pants or shorts.
Please Note: No street clothes will be permitted in any class. This is for injury prevention and the safety of your children.